Where are you located?
The Hair Collective is a Co-Op style salon that provides an inspiring and creative space for like minded hair artists. Each chair has an individual business owner. We are located on the near east side in the Williamson/Marquette neihborhood. The Collective is directly across from the Willy Street Co-Op, next to Pieces Unimagined and Tinnen Chiropractic. There is no receptionist or check-in when you arrive. Just kindly have a seat in the front waiting area and someone will greet you and direct you to your stylist. We cant wait to see you!
The Hair Collective
1228 Williamson St.
Madison, WI 53703
Where should I park?
We have a designated parking lot with 8 spaces. The lot has a small driveway that comes right before our building. The driveway is located right between The Hair Collective and Tinnen Chiropractic's office. The spaces have signs that say by permit only but know these are our designated spots for clients!
If I join the waitlist, how long should I expect to wait for an appointment?
My books usually fill up very fast. I'm generally booked out 3-4 months. I keep track of my waitlist and send out an email for those clients to book once a month. At that time appointments are first come first serve, and just know that you may not be able to book your first visit until 8-12 weeks into the future. My waitlist is a way I can manage my schedule so that I can give current guests priority. After your first visit with me you can book online freely for the future. You can join my waitlist by clicking here.
What if I'm not sure what service I need?
A great place to start talking about your hair goals and what I can do to help you acheive them is to fill out my New Client Survey, where you can even add photos of your hair now and your "hairspiration." From there I will be in touch within 24-48 hours to have a pre-consultation and we can decide which service would be best for you! You can access the form here.
What precautions will be taken to ensure my health and safety during the current COVID-19 situation?
The COVID-19 situation is ever changing. I am keeping up with all guidlines and recommendations from the CDC and WHO to ensure your safety and health when you visit me for your appointment. Here are the guidelines and precedures I have put in place:
1. Service providers nor guests will NOT be permitted on the premises if they have any COVID-19 symptoms. If you are showing any symptoms or feel sick please reach out to cancel. Cancellation policy procedures will be waived in these instances.
2. Guests will be served by appointment only.
3. Guests will receive a text when they are allowed to enter the premesis. You will be advised to wait in your car or outside at a safe distance from others until I'm ready for you. Waiting areas will be limited or removed to abide by social distancing rules. Please try to only bring essential things in with you (keys, phone, credit card) and leave other items in your car.
4. Only one guest can be in the studio at a time, which means no friends/ family or children are allowed to come with you to your appointment.
5. Upon arrival guests will be required to use provided hand sanitizer or wash their hands, Billie will also wash her hands before and during your visit.
6. Since I will only allow one guest in the studio at a time I will not be double booking, to limit movement of people around the building you will be asked to process your color at my chair and avoid roaming around the salon unless using the bathroom.
7. All equipment used by a service provider will be sanitized with hospital grade dissenfectant between guests.
8. Clean/ Sanitized or disposable capes will be provided for each guest.
9. Doors and high contact areas such as bathrooms will be sanitized every 15-30 min
10. I will be wearing a mask to protect myself during our visit, and PPE masks will be available for purchase if you don't have your own with you. I will also be wearing gloves for the duration of your visit.
11. Contactless payments will be made at the end of your visit, either by way of Venmo or providing a credit card to put on file. NO cash will be accepted.
12. To prevent forceful airflow I will be limiting blowdrying for a time. I will have some blowdry-free options for you as an alternative!
Any questions or concerns about these procedures are welcome and encouraged. Please reach out by clicking
What is OLAPLEX?
OLAPLEX is the original Bond Builder. Patented active chemistry works on a molecular level to repair damaged and broken bonds in the hair that are caused by chemical, thermal, and mechanical damage. You can use OLAPLEX to restore damaged and compromised hair, or add it to coloring/lightening services to provide the ultimate breakage insurance. Balayage by Billie is an official OLAPLEX salon.
Before OLAPLEX. Hair can become copromised over time from environmental, lifestyle, or age. The structural integrity also known as "bonds" can become weakend due to these effects.
After OLAPLEX. The treatment works to rebuild broken bonds from within, repairing, protecting, and strengthening hair. Turn dry, brittle, and damaged hair into silky, smooth, and vibrant with OLAPLEX.
What is the difference between your Service options?
Balayage is a freehand highlighting method where the artist customizes the look of highlights depending on the clients natural coloring and features. This method mimics the effect the sun has on the hair, creating a natural, organic look. It creates beautiful variance of tone and brightness overtime. Reccomended maintenance every 3 months- 1 year, optional 2-3 months for partial between full applications.
American Balayage is a method that combines a variety of techniqes and utilizes foils. This option is great for clients needing more brightness than balayage can achieve, while still giving it a lived in "Balayaged" look. This is best for darker natural base colors to achieve more lift than traditional balayage. Recommended maintenance every 4-6 months, optional 2-3 months for partial between full applications.
Blonde Bombshell/ Babylights:
When your goal is Instagram worthy Blonde Bomshell! this is a great option for clients who dont like to see warmth in the hair. Balayage tends to create more variance of tone and brightness while Babylights is an even bright blonde throughout with less depth. Recommended maintenance every 3-6 months, optional 2-3 months for partial between full applications.
Global Color services involve product that is applied to all the hair, and doesn't include any dimensional work. Usually for grey coverage and color gloss/refresh.
Still not sure what service you need? I would love to help! Click
here to email me your question, and ill be in touch withing 24-48 hours.